вторник, 19 марта 2013 г.

Meals

      Well, as I have never been abroad so I'd like to tell about our native food and dishes.  Since old time Ukrainian national cooking has been famous for great variety of tasty and useful dishes. Lets begin with the fact that usually we eat three times a day. Of cause somebody may prefer British traditions and have a five o'clock tea, but I base on my experience. Usually we start our day with breakfast. In various families it may be eaten in different time, I mean 7 or 8  o'clock in the morning. And breakfast consists of tea, coffee or milk, may be some boiled or fried eggs, porridge, sandviches, bread, butter and fruits. Somebody avoids breakfast at all. As a matter of fact I used to do it myself, but my grandma always says: "Breakfast is the main deal of a day!" So usually I have a cup of tea, boiled eggs, bread and butter. Those who are on a diet only drink yoghurt for breakfast.
   
     Then we have lunch nearly 1 p.m. Well to be honest sometimes I don't have time for it and can eat something at the cafe or buy some croissants or biscuit at the shop. But lunch must be substantial and include meat, vegetables, fish etc. The best lunch consists of three dishes. Soup, potatoes, rice, beef, pork, veal, fish and poultry - you can choose what ever you want. Soups are very popular in Ukraine. And you can find a lot of them in Ukrainian cuisine. The most popular of them are yushka, (fish soup), chicken broth, noodle soup, pea soup, mushroom soup and milk soup. All of them are very tasty. But I prefer Ukrainian borshch. It has up to 20 components (potato, tomato, carrot, parsley, cabbage, onion,meat etc).Also there are a lot of dishes cooked from flour like varenyks, pancakes, halushkas and different kinds of pies. After that it's better to drink a cup of tea or juice. Of cause some people may prefer restaurant cuisine, but in my opinion home food much more delicious and healthy.
     Dinner time comes nearly 7 o'clock in the evening. Usually the whole family is gathered. Well, I prefer some salad for dinner. But my father, for example, likes some chicken or chops with mashed potatoes.
     By the way, nowadays, fast food is very popular all over the world. But, as a matter of fact, it does not have such popularity in Ukraine as Ukrainian women prefer to cook at home. And it's great as the problem of obesity occupies an important place today.
   
     
     

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий